|Leader|| Captain America|
To protect Earth from various dangerous threats
|Location||Avengers Mansion, New York City|
|First appearance||"Breakout, Part 1"|
- "One on one, we can each take down a villain or two, but 74... none of us can do it alone. Together we have a chance. What we did here, it can change things. The world needs us, but not as S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. As a team of our own. Together, we can avenge the wrongs caused by all these villains."
"We can be Avengers."
- ―Iron Man and Wasp.[src]
After banding together to take down Graviton, the five heroes decided that they would do better as a team together rather than individually, and formed the Avengers instead of joining S.H.I.E.L.D. as Fury intended. Later Enchantress broke in and manipulated the Hulk's mind, making him attack the team. Hulk then got control of the mind again and defeated both Enchantress and Executioner, but sadly left the team due to mistrust.
The New Members
While trying to find and bring the Hulk back to their team, the Avengers found Captain America frozen in ice and unfroze him in the Quinjet. After helping the Avengers take down one of Arnim Zola's bio-engineered monsters, Cap became a member and leader of the Avengers. The team grew by one more after helping T'Challa, the Black Panther, reclaim the throne of Wakanda and free the country from Man Ape's tyrannic rule. During a chase after former S.H.I.E.L.D. operative Hawkeye (who had been accused of being a double agent working for HYDRA), they were interrupted by S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Quartermain who came to ask the Avengers to help S.H.I.E.L.D. take down The Leader, who since the massive supervillain breakout had taken total control of the gamma villain prison known as The Cube. Captain America, Iron Man, Black Panther, and Wasp unfortunately became exposed to gamma radiation and were turned into Gamma Monsters again during the second gamma dome's expansion.Thor was the only Avenger not affected by the gamma rays. Luckily, with help from the Hulk (who rejoined the team) and Hawkeye (who had proved not to be a HYDRA double agent), the Avengers triumphed and stopped the Leader's mad scheme of changing the world by creating a Gamma monster utopia in his image.
Once the dome is destroyed, everyone affected by the gamma radiation returned to normal. Hawkeye becomes the newest member of the team. After taking down the Leader and his minions, the Avengers were confronted by Baron Zemo and his Masters of Evil. Due to the Zemo's overconfidence, the Avengers defeated them all and the Masters of Evil were forced to retreat and plot their revenge on them.
Then the Avengers confronted Captain Marvel and the Sentry-459. Captain Marvel offered to assist them on taking down the Kree Sentry as proven that he has grown fond of Earth. Together, they defeated the Sentry in an attempt to wipe out all life on Earth for the Kree Empire.
The Avengers fought Kang the Conqueror in his intention of killing Captain America for ruining his future timeline (not knowing it was really a Skrull imposter) and take over the 21st century Earth so he can save his timeline and his love, Princess Ravonna. But the Avengers stopped him and saved the world from Kang's invasion. On the Negative Zone, Kang warned that Captain America's "betrayal" was only just the beginning and the worst was yet to come to the Avengers.
As Malekith the Accursed unleashed the Casket of Ancient Winters on Earth, they stopped him and closed the Casket. But after their victory, they were apprehended by the Enchantress and the Executioner over the artifact who left already.
The War in New York
When Black Widow needs assistance from the Avengers to stop A.I.M. and HYDRA from obtaining the Cosmic Cube after she told them the truth about her infiltration of HYDRA. Together they stopped the two organizations from gaining the Cosmic Cube. But after the cost of victory, Maria Hill, now Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., despises the Avengers for not working with S.H.I.E.L.D. and will go to the US government for the Superhuman Registration whether they like it or not and as Black Widow was offered to join the Avengers, she refused due to being hunted by S.H.I.E.L.D. still branding her as a traitor and her fears that the Avengers will be accused for harboring a traitor in their group unless she find Nick Fury who's gone missing, she'll join them.
As Ultron has gone rogue and turns on the Avengers, he took control of the Avengers Mansion's security systems and Iron Man's armors with the exception of the Mark I armor. The Avengers defeated him at the cost of victory as Thor was "killed" by Ultron. Ant-Man was really devastated about Ultron's programming gone haywire as Tony ordered him destroy every Ultron component and data files, all of them. Unfortunately, Ultron came back and retook control of Tony's armors and turned them against the Avengers. Ultron then took control of all of Earth's nuclear missiles and launched them in an intention of wiping everyone out. But the Avengers defeated him with the miraculous return of Thor. After Ultron's demise, Hank decides to leave the group due to his overconfidence about Ultron's capabilities about ensuring world peace and order.
When the Masters of Evil guarded the Norm Stones on separate locations, they stopped them and destroyed the Stones but as a result of being teleported to the seven of the Nine Realms. As they were separated, they fought their way out and made friends with Asgardians, even helping them fight Loki's forces. On Asgard, they fought their way against evil forces and then confronted him. They defeated Loki by delaying him long enough for the others to find a way to take the OdinForce away from Loki. The Asgardians hailed them as true heroes.
Skrull InfiltrationBack now on Earth, the Avengers took their rest after the battle on Asgard. Unknowingly to the others, Captain America had been replaced by a Skrull imposter posing as him. The Skrull reported to the Skrull Mothership that the infiltration has already begun. The Avengers later teamed with the Fantastic Four to defeat Doctor Doom, who had kidnapped Wasp and Invisible Woman (Skrull).
A few weeks later, the Avengers helped Baron Zemo and the remaining members of the Masters of Evil defeat Enchantress. Then, the Kree came to Earth to take over, but were stopped by the Avengers. Afterwards, Ms. Marvel joined the team.
Weeks later, during Ms. Marvel's welcome party, Iron Man was abducted by Nick Fury, who revealed to him that Skrulls were infiltrating the Earth. Iron Man returned to Avengers Mansion, who immediately asks who the Skrull is. Hawkeye is the prime suspect, but when Ms Marvel tries to take him into S.W.O.R.D. custody, he refuses. Black Panther leaves, and soon afterwards, once Iron Man realizes he can't trust anyone, leaves along with Ms. Marvel. While Wasp, Hulk, and Hawkeye are saying the Avengers are over, Captain America (Skrull) convinces them to stay together and becomes their leader.
The remaining Avengers fought against a threat in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier which to their shock was a Hulk in red. They were sure that it was not Hulk and fought against the mad thing. Hulk arrived later on the scene and fought against the Red Hulk, they were even against each other, but Red Hulk retreated. S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Hulkbusters arrived unknown that it wasn't Hulk's doing still took Hulk into custody. "Captain America" made him believe that it would be alright to go with them and Hulk complied with it and left the team.
After Ms. Marvel, unknowingly to her, invaded Wakanda with the Skrull Avengers. Hawkeye and Wasp arrived the scene and took on the Skrull Avengers, with the help of Black Panther and his Wakandian army. They convinced Ms. Marvel to aid against the Skrull invasion, but didn't get to Black Panther. After the recruited Ms. Marvel they went to New York and were attacked by the Skrull army and the Super-Skrulls. They were captured by their sheer amount of strength. They soon were freed by the return of Iron Man, Thor and Captain America. Together they banded once again to defeat the Skrull Empire including Captain America (Skrull) and sent them into prison 42.
In the aftermath of the Secret Invasion left one of their greatest Heroes in a bad state of reputation, so bad that nobody believed in Captain America anymore. Some of it, however, had to do with J. Jonah Jameson using the Daily Bugle to harass all Super-Heroes because of his personal opinion, and thus he published "Captain America traitor" all over his papers as a headline. And if that weren't bad enough that caused an outbreak, in which people destroyed the statue that honored Captain America and Bucky from the World War II days. That lead to Iron Man paying Jameson a visit ordering him to change it because they had told him a Skrull was actually responsible and made a point when he told Jameson that he had "been doing this to Spider-Man for years". But then, they came to an agreement which lead to Captain America and Spider-Man teaming up to stop the Serpent Society. The Society got away, but in the end Cap's name was cleared and both Spider-Man and Captain America saved the people who thought they were menaces.
Vision and Ultron
Vision and Ultron are villains but after Vision harmed Wasp he believed that being perfect is to be more human not less human after Captain America saved him from Ultron's burning hide after Thor had destroyed Ultron.
Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and Hawkeye fought the Wrecking Crew and defeated them, but Thor, Cap, and Iron Man were unable to use their powers because of a spell used by the Enchantress. Hawkeye protected them from Loki (he was inside the Destroyer), until they got their powers back. Then they defeated Loki and placed the Destroyer in a container.
Assault on 42
When the Avengers took Whirlwind into Prision 42, Annihilus and his bugs attacked them. Prisoners, including The Leader, Absorbing Man, Abomination, Radioactive Man, and Captain Marvel helped them fight the bugs. Radioactive Man, Blizzard, and Whirlwind were killed. Annihilus had shields so no one could hurt him. The Leader disrupted the energy shields and the Avengers defeated Annihilus, who escaped along with his bugs.
Yellowjacket, Emperor Stark
Yellowjacket joined the team while trapped inside his gun after fighting all of the Avengers at that time (also they discover that Yellowjacket is really Hank Pym who survived the explosion), and the purple man manipulated every Avenger but Vision.
Red Skull, Hulk, Bucky and Kang return
In the episode Code Red a mysterious fume goes of in the mansion which makes every one who breathes or catches the fume look like the Red Skull. Later Captain America gets captured by Winter Soldier and brought to Del Rusk. After fighting, Del Rusk is reveled to be the Red Skull and Winter Soldier gives Cap the antidote then Red Skull gets captured and Winter Soldier disappears.
For a short period of time Red Hulk which is revealed to be Ross is on the team.
In the Episode Winter Soldier Cap and Fury hunt down Winter Soldier who is tells them he is Bucky and was working for HYDRA. Meanwhile in DC the Avengers are trying to stop a Sleeper from destroying the capital. Then the trio of Cap, Fury, and Bucky swoop in and destroy the Sleeper from the inside and capture the Red Skull again. During the battle, Winter Soldier gets hurt and instead of leaving him there like last time, Cap saves Bucky. Still in the Sleeper, Bucky and Cap are almost killed by the explosion from the Sleeper, and Winter Soldier disappears.
In the episode New Avengers, Kang's suit is given to him by Kangs from an alternate universe and Kangs sends the Avengers somewhere in time. Before getting sent somewhere Iron Man set out the New Avengers protocol. The New Avengers consist of Spider Man, Thing, Iron Fist, Wolverine, War Machine, and Luke Cage. The New Avengers stop Kang from bringing his future to their timeline by using teamwork.
After the Skrull Invasion, the Kree soon became a bigger threat to the Avengers. The Kree sought revenge on the Avengers for imprisoning Ronan the Accuser and several other Kree. They soon did so by sending several ships to Earth's solar system. One attacked Hydro-Base and one opened up a wormhole by the sun.
With the help of Captain Marvel, the Avengers (except Yellowjacket) used a Quinjet to travel to the sun. There they discovered that the machines generating the wormhole were located inside the wormhole and made a daring move. They had Black Panther stay in a Kree ship-crashing into the sun-in order for them to have enough time to destroy the generators. On the other side of the wormhole, they faced a massive fleet of Kree warships.
They crashed onto the Kree's home world and fought wild beasts and later the Supreme Intelligence. They defeated him and Captain Marvel became the new leader of the Kree. The Avengers then went back to Earth.
Every hero the Avengers befriended are called with Code White (team) to stop Galactus and his Heralds Terrax, Air-Walker, Stardust, and Firelord from eating the planet. They defeated the Heralds and later sent Galactus into the Negative Zone for good. Everyone hailed the Avengers as Earth's Mightiest Heroes while their allied heroes left.
Members of the team
- Iron Man (Anthony Stark): Former team leader, left the team in Who Do You Trust?. Later, rejoined the team in Secret Invasion.
- Captain America (Steven Rogers): Second team leader, came back to the Avengers after he returned to Earth during the Skrull's secret invasion and defeated his copycat.
- Wasp (Janet Van Dyne): One of the original members. Remained in the team in two seasons.
- Thor Odinson: Left in A Day Unlike Any Other! Rejoined in Secret Invasion.
- Hawkeye (Clinton Barton): He joined the team after he cleared his name and accepted Iron Man's offer to join the Avengers.
- Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers): Joined during the Kree's first invasion. Left in Who Do You Trust? She rejoined the team after she helped to defeat the Skrull's infiltration.
- Black Panther (T'Challa): Rejoined the team after stopping the Vision from stealing Captain America's shield.
- Vision: He joined the Avengers after realizing that perfection can be achieved by learning from humanity in Ultron Unlimited.
- Yellowjacket (Henry Pym): Left the team, when he realized Ultron has gone out of control and plans to destroy the world. He rejoins the team in the episode "Yellowjacket" as Yellowjacket, no longer as Ant-Man since Scott Lang becomes the second Ant-Man.
- Hulk (Robert Banner): Rejoined the team in "The Deadliest Man Alive" but he wants some time to cool off because of his anger issues, but returns in Avengers Assemble.
- Iron Fist (Daniel Rand): Recruited and given an ID Card after he and the other heroes defeat Kang the Conqueror.
- Luke Cage (Carl Lucas): Recruited and given an ID Card after he and the other heroes defeat Kang the Conqueror.
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker): Recruited and given an ID Card after he helped Cap fight off the Serpent Society and defeated Kang the Conqueror with the other heroes. He does not live in the Mansion with the rest of the team.
- Thing (Benjamin Grimm): Recruited and given an ID Card after he and the other heroes defeat Kang the Conqueror.
- War Machine (James Rhodes): Recruited and given an ID Card after he and the other heroes defeat Kang the Conqueror.
- Wolverine (James Howlett): Recruited and given an ID Card after he and the other heroes defeat Kang the Conqueror.
Other members of the Avengers
- Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)
- Invisible Woman (Susan Richards)
- Human Torch (Jonathan Storm)
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
- Winter Soldier (James Barnes)
- Quake (Daisy Johnson)
- Falcon (Samuel Wilson)
- Doc Samson (Leonard Samson)
- Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
- Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse)
Guardians of the Galaxy
When People Joined
- Iron Man (Tony Stark): Is the first leader and uses high-tech equipment to fight against the villains.
- Wasp (Janet Van Dyne): A college student who works with Hank Pym at one of New York city's Universities. She is the one who came up with the idea of naming the team the "Avengers".
- Ant-Man (Henry "Hank" Pym): He has a specially way of fighting by shrinking and growing into Giant Man. He is the logical thinker of the team, but prefers to not fight because of his pacifism.
- Thor: Thor is the prince of Asgard, the god of thunder and a powerful warrior in Asgard. His love for Jane Foster made him leave Asgard. 
- Hulk (Bruce Banner): Is a scientist that was exposed to gamma radiation and can turn into a green humanoid monster that is named the Hulk.
- Captain America: Was found by the Avengers when he was frozen in ice in the Artic. After being thawed out, he joined and became the second leader of the Avengers.
- Black Panther: Black Panther joined the Avengers after they saved Wakanda.
- Hawkeye: Hawkeye joined the Avengers after he was accused of being a spy for HYDRA and cleared his name due to Hulk's demands.
- Ms. Marvel: Ms. Marvel joined the team after she helped the Avengers defeat the Kree.
- Vision: He joined the Avengers after realizing that perfection can be achieved by learning and understanding from humanity in Ultron Unlimited.
- Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross): He was excommunicated by the Avengers, knowing that he was a double agent and a traitor.
- Captain America (Skrull): He was banished by the real Captain America, knowing that he was an imposter.
Friends and Allies
- Pepper Potts
- Jane Foster
- Abigail Brand
- Henry Gyrich
- Nick Fury
- Maria Hill
- Clay Quartermain
- Captain Marvel
- Warriors Three
- Beta Ray Bill
- Enchantress & Executioner
- Michael Korvac
- Dark Elves
- Frost Giants
- Frost Wolves
- Fenris Wolves
- Baron Strucker
- Baron Zemo
- Fire Demons
- Galactus' Heralds
- Kang the Conqueror
- Captain America (Skrull)
- Wrecking Crew
- Mad Thinker
- Red Skull
- Gamma Monsters
- The Zodiac
- Serpent Society
- Supreme Intelligence
- Doctor Doom
- Masters of Evil
- Thunderbolt Ross
- Skrull Avengers
Background in other media
- Unlike their current alternate incarnations, the Avengers team in the series are an independent group as they were originally in the comics, not a part of S.H.I.E.L.D. as other incarnations of the team are. This also includes: Ultimate Avengers,and Marvel's The Avengers (2012).
- Like her comic book counterpart, Wasp was the one that gave the name Avengers after they formed the team.
- Unlike the comics & film, Loki is not the first villian that the Avengers face but he is responsible for the breakout & therefore the formation of the Avengers.