None (Formerly Brown)
Swordsmanship Marksmanship Hand-to-Hand Combat(Advanced) High Intelligence Enhanced strength Enhanced Speed Accelerated Healing Ageless Longevity
|Chronological and political information|
|Image gallery (15)|
Baron Zemo is one of the first leaders of the terrorist organization HYDRA. Later, he becomes the leader of a group of supervillains known as the Masters of Evil. He is also one of Captain America's arch nemesis.
World War II
Zemo eventually obtained the title of Baron. Over the years, he took control of HYDRA and ruled it with an iron fist, continuing his projects and working toward world domination. He valiantly led HYDRA as the organization assisted the Axis powers in conquering Europe. His vile acts were infamous and he used to have to wear a mask to conceal his identity and avoid retribution.
In 1943, while on a mission to defeat Zemo in Italy, Captain America discovered one of his latest nightmares, Virus X. Intending to infect and annihilate all the Allied forces, the Baron was stopped by Cap. In the ensuing fight, a large batch of the Virus was drenched upon Zemo, adhering his mask right to his face and infecting his vital bodily systems.
From that day he swore revenge, but upon Captain America's presumed demise at the end of the war, Zemo was left without a reason to continue with his old nemesis gone. He went into hiding alongside Arnim Zola, who used his machines to keep the virus at bay, and Zemo alive. This process kept him alive for decades, until his eventual capture by the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.
After escaping The Raft, Zemo confronts Baron Strucker in order to reclaim HYDRA only to be told that Captain America is alive. Zemo seeks out Arnim Zola who manages to use his machine to keep Zemo from dying as he mentions that his rash treatment almost worn off. Arnim Zola ends up loaning Doughboy to Zemo in a plot to eliminate Captain America. Zemo ends up fighting Captain America until interference by the Black Panther enabled Captain America to gain his shield. Captain America fends off Zemo who ends up limping away while Captain America used his shield to block the bomb that Zemo threw near Wasp. When Zemo arrives back at Arnim Zola's lab, he finds Arnim Zola pinned down by Skurge the Executioner and Enchantress makes an offer to Baron Zemo.
Masters of Evil
Later, she and Zemo find and reassemble Simon Williams aka "Wonder Man", after his ionic energy form destabilized while fighting the Avengers. They offer him the chance to be restored to human form, if he helps them destroy the Avengers. Soon after that, he recruited the Crimson Dynamo to his cause. After that, he, Enchantress, Executioner, Simon, and Vanko found the dying Abomination in the Nevada Desert, after being defeated by the Hulk.
With Blonsky recruited, the Masters of Evil were formed, with the sole task of destroying the Avengers. First, Enchantress lured Wasp into a trap, attacked and confronted by all the members. Zemo used her secruity pass to infiltrate the Avengers Mansion where Dynamo defeated Iron Man, who was caught off guard whie checking his armor. Enchantress then tricked Hulk, and exiled him to the Asgardian realm of the Frost Giants, leaving Captain America left to defeat. Simon and Executioner took him down, while Zemo mockingly had the last laugh.
After luring Thor back to the Mansion, Zemo believes he now has all the Avengers defeated. Zemo begins to toy with imprisoned Captain America, he also let slip that he's working without someone that will ensure he will finally rule the world. Its around this time that Hawkeye and Black Panther catch the Masters of Evil off guard and begin taking them down one by one. After capturing them as well, they reveal to Zemo that they were simply a diversion, while the shrunken Ant-Man crept back into his labs. Pym appears and uses his technology to destabilize Simon, while Hawkeye and Panther free the rest of the Avengers. Near defeat, the Enchantress teleports the Masters to safety, back to Arnim's laboratory.
He later reappear leading the team once again against the Avengers now added Chemistro, Living Laser and Grey Gargoyle (before presumbly killed by Executioner). Though Zemo knows Enchantress and Executioner attempt to betrayed him (for the suspicions after they said Grey Gargoyle not survive the battle with them), he still do exactly as their plan. While the rest of the Master of Evil guard the stone and fight each member of the Avengers, Zemo fights Thor with the help of Enchantress. After this, he attempts to activate the Norm Stones so the army of Asgard will invade Earth. Thor warns him that Enchantress is just using him, but he already knows and never trust her at beginning, as he put the Control Collar on her neck (the same which the Red Skull also once used to controll all of the Asgard warrios in the past) and demand Enchantress to make all of Army of Asgard to obey him. Thor manage to break free by getting his hammer back, knock Zemo out and tell all of the Avenger to destroy the stone at all cost.
Acts of Vengeance
Weeks after Loki's war, the Living Laser was hunted down by Enchantress and Executioner in an attempt to find and kill Zemo for betraying her. He however didn't know where he was but told her where Chemistro was but was betrayed and frozen between his humanoid body and laser body. She then hunted down Chemistro thinking he knew where Zemo was but he didn't. He then lead her to Arnim Zola before she used his gun to turn him to gold. She then tried to get info from him but failed (possibly killing him). While this happened Zemo watched and sent Crimson Dynamo to stall her as long as possible.
He then requested help from the Avengers and while Iron Man and Hawkeye went to save Vanko they prepared for the Enchantress. He then entrusted Captain America to activate the machine (becuase of his noble personality) which would neutralize her powers, not knowing he was a Skrull. After Amora came, Captain didn't activate the machine dissapointing him but he did have a back up plan by using a different type of Norm Stone. However during the battle it was destroyed by Wonder Man and transported Amora to an unknown world. He then looked at Cap and said "you would have let the Enchantress destroy me!" then the Skrull said "you have no idea who I am" and he saw a Skrull shadow before knocking him out. He as well as most of his comrades are now in custody.
Later, when Annihilus was about to attack Prison 42, Zemo asked Captain America if he would let him help them fight the bugs alongside him. Captain America refused and told him that he would rather face a million bugs than let Zemo kill him from behind with a knife as if Zemo tried once. So Zemo stayed locked up in prison.
He wears a purple HYDRA baron suit and a tight mask stuck to him. He wears yellow boots and gloves. His face is not seen throughout the entire series apart from a computer scan of his disfigured face in Arnim Zola's lab. Before the Virus X's exposure, he wears a loose mask and the same clothes he wear in the present. He wields a sword and a pistol.
He is a power-hungry and ambitious man. He longed to take over the world with the help of the Masters of Evil. And he'll do anything to make it happen. Unlike other villains who mostly or sometimes lie, he is an honest man despite his evil nature, like when he replied to Graviton's question honestly during the Breakout and always tell an honest sentence to his team and the Avengers. He was also the first to notice something suspicious about Captain America when the Skrulls replaced him.
Captain AmericaCaptain America is Zemo's archenemy. He fought Zemo during World War II. After being exposed to the Virus X he created, he swore vengeance on Captain America and must get it no matter what it takes. He does however grudgingly respect the man though, and trusted his sense of honor. Due to the Skrull infiltrators disregard of this honor, he was the first to suspect something was up.
Arnim Zola is Zemo's friend and doctor. He injected him with the formula to prevent the Virus X from slowly killing him and the formula also permanently evolved his body to reach beyond peak-human limits. He even provided Zemo the Doughboys to distract the Avengers, leaving Captain America vulnerable.
Powers & Abilities
- Medically-Enhanced Physiology: After preforming various experiments with versions of the Super-Soldier Serum on himself, Baron Heinrich Zemo has enhanced himself beyond ordinary humans to a currently undefined level. He is much stronger, faster, and recovers faster than the likes of an ordinary man his size and weight. The Baron has demonstrated the ability to go toe-to-toe with Captain America, and some of the other avengers on occasion. Baron Zemo even claimed to be stronger and faster than the captain himself. Captain America then said that speed and strength werent the only things that mattered, meaning that the captain could be admiting Zemo's physical superiority. He has demonstraited the following abilities:
- Enhanced Strength: Baron Zemo is incredibly strong, eather at the peak of human perfection, or even to a low-superhuman level. The Baron even claimed to be stronger than the captain. Zemo is capable of over-powering even the finest olympic weight lifter with astonishing ease.
- Enhanced Stamina
- Enhanced Speed: The baron's speed surpasses even world-record runners.
- Enhanced Agility
- Enhanced Reflexes
- Enhanced Regeneration: Heinrich's medical treatments have gifted his physiology with a greatly-accelerated healing factor, which enables him to recuperate completely from any type of wound, infection, disease or mental damages within minutes. Heinrich has demonstraited amazing regenerative durability. He was able to take multiple blows from Captain America (some by hitting him on the head with his shield), which only one would knock out an ordinary human, and other feats of rapid recovery.
- Ageless Longevity: Due to his physiology rapidly regenerating already slow-decaying cells at a greatly-accelerated rate, he has the potential to live forever & remain youthful, strong, healthy & in peak-physical fitness.
- Expert swordsman: Zemo has shown to be an expert at the fencing swordstyle, to be able to hurt Captain America.
- Martial Artist: His combat skills are so great that he can instantaneously subdue the Abomination & go toe-to-toe with som of the best fighters within the universe & Captain America himself.
- Expert Marksman: Heinrich has shown greatly high skills in the use of weaponry, firearms & explosives.
- Genius-Level Intellect: Heinrich has shown Masterful Expertise in Manipulation, Intimidation, Interrogation, Instinctual Abilities, Spying, Sciences, Deduction, Tactical Analysis, Allocation, Investigation, Leadership, Military Protocols, Engineering & Strategic Planning.
- Meet Captain America (Mentioned only)
- Breakout Part 1
- Breakout Part 2
- Living Legend
- Everything is Wonderful
- Gamma World Part 2
- Masters of Evil
- This Hostage Earth
- The Fall of Asgard (Brief Cameo)
- Acts of Vengence
- Assault on 42 (Briefly)
He wields a long sword and a handpistol. They were later coated with an unknown Asgardian crystal that enabled him to hurt Thor in melee and ranged combat.
- Flashbacks in "Living Legend" show Baron Zemo sporting his original Silver Age design.
- This version of Baron Zemo is a combination of elements of his own comics counterpart (Heinrich Zemo; Through the fact that he fought Cap during World War II and leads Masters Of Evil) and his son and successor (Helmut Zemo: Through his costume and personality, and the fact he's disfigured due to the actions of Captain America).