Peter Benjamin Parker
|Chronological and political information|
|Image gallery (6)|
- "I talked to the police, the firemen, the people that you helped and I heard their stories about how you saved lives, how you never asked for recognition, or reward or even thanks. It doesn't matter what the newspapers say or the politicians or the whole world. They don't define who you are, you do. And not by your words, but, by your actions. The truth will come out. But until then, I'm going to keep fighting just like you do."
- ―Captain America to Spider-Man[src]
Spider-Man (real name Peter Benjamin Parker) is a webslinging superhero who is based in New York City. In an argument with J. Jonah Jameson, Tony Stark had mentioned that the Daily Bugle had spread a lot of slander towards the webhead over the years despite the fact that he protected the public from various crimes.
The early life of Peter Parker is unknown. At some point in his life, Peter obtained powers through unknown means and became Spider-Man.
Employment at the Daily Bugle
Peter started working for the Daily Bugle and watched as J. Jonah Jameson wrote newspapers about Spider-Man, his secret identity, calling him names such as "masked menace" or "wall-crawling menace". He mostly worked on the Bugle's website.
Spider-Man was mentioned by Maria Hill, about the super hero registration act, as one of the many heroes without public known identity as she discussed about the registration of superheroes into joining S.H.I.E.L.D..
Meeting the Avengers
He was assigned by J. Jonah Jameson to take pictures as Betty Brant interviewed Captain America. They were attacked by the Serpent Society, who were trying to free transported prisoner Madame Hydra, whom had just recently been freed from Skrull-captivity after a Skrull had taken her form and infiltrated HYDRA. As Captain America was getting beaten by the Serpent Society, Spider-Man swung into them. This caused the two to plummet into a tunnel underneath New York. They kept Madame Hydra in captivity as they were attacked once again by the Serpent Society. Despite being outnumbered, the two managed to beat them and were found by Iron Man and the other Avengers present at the time.
After the battle, Spider-Man was upset to find that Jameson had, once again, made him out to be a menace, with the Daily Bugle front page reading: "Captain America Saves NY from Spider-Man and the Serpent Society". After he bade Captain America farewell, Spider-Man mentioned that he was going to web J. Jonah's mouth shut for that, which the Captain did not object to.
Spider-Man later attended the funeral of Henry Pym, who later resurfaced as Yellowjacket.
The New Avengers
Sometime later, after a battle with Kang the Conqueror lead to the timeline being unraveled and the Avengers disappearing, Iron Man ordered JARVIS to activate the New Avengers protocol - a program that would select a new team of Avengers formed from the allies of the originals, meant to take up the team's role if they were ever killed. While Spider-Man swung throughout the city fighting through enemies from various eras, he met up with Wolverine who saved him from a pack of raptors. Stark's pre-recorded message told both of them that they needed to take up the job as New Avengers. While these New Avengers were, at first, helpless to stop Kang, Spider-Man was able to form a plan that allowed him to stop Kang's plan and return the original Avengers to the timeline, saving the world in the process. As a reward for his hard work and dedicated service, the team decided to make Spider-Man an honorary reserve member of the Avengers along with Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Thing, War Machine and Wolverine.
Spider-Man is summoned with the rest of Earth's heroes to the battle against Galactus and his heralds, he along with War Machine, Quake, Captain America, and Iron Fist are sent to deal with Terrax and destroy his tower. When Galactus was about to devour the planet, he thought it was all over. He was amazed when the Avengers created a Negative Zone portal and sent Galactus through it.
After the crisis has ended, Spider-Man was seen leaving the area along with the other heroes, leaving the Avengers taking the credit for saving the world.
He is young man with great responsibility, wanting to help other people but however, he still wants to be respected as a hero despite J. Jonah Jameson's editorial attacks of being a "wall-crawling menace" and he is good at making jokes, especially in battle, which allows him to keep from being tense.
Peter is a Caucasian teenage male and wears a green long sleeved button-down shirt unbuttoned over a black tie shirt. He also wears blue jeans with light blue sneakers.
His costume is based on an arachnid, with the spider suit's primary colors being red and blue, with a silhouette of a spider on the chest area. The red has a pattern that resembles that of a spider web, with the center of the web being on the topside of his nose. The eyes on the mask are white and are rimmed with a bold black-blue outline.
Captain America has been watching Spider-Man over the years and sees a hero in him. Spider-Man looked up to the Captain and asked why he did not defend himself against the press. Cap replied he was following Spider-Man's lead and letting his actions speak for him. Spider-Man then asked if he could be Captain America's sidekick. The two share a father-son relationship.
Powers and Abilities
Spider-Man has extraordinary arachnid based powers and capabilities.
- Spider-Sense: Being his most important power, Spider-Man possesses the extraordinary ability to sense when danger is about to occur before it does; this helps him counter attack the threat before it happens and helps him get ready for what's coming. This power is encorperated in his fighting style. His body begins to produce more adrenaline after the sense is triggered, an extension of the 'fight or flight syndrome.' A tingling sensation in Peter's skull warns him of danger, and how to avoid it. The stronger the tingling, the more imminent and threatening the danger is. Peter can ignore it through intense concentration, and if he is exhausted or distracted it can lose some effectiveness. This power is passive and not controlled by Peter.
- Superhuman Senses: His senses are heightened, specifically his sight as he no longer needs his glasses after the spider bite.
- Superhuman Strength: Peter can aproximately lift 10 tons. Spider-Man's strength lets him throw automobiles and most standard heavy objects. He must always pull his punches unless fighting someone the same power status as him or greater. Otherwise his blows would prove fatal.
- Superhuman Speed: Spider-Man can run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete, though the exact extent of this speed has yet to be determined.
- Superhuman Agility: Spider-Man's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are all enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. Spider-Man is extraordinarily limber and his tendons and connective tissues are twice as elastic as the average human being's, despite their enhanced strength. He has the combined agility and acrobatic prowess of the most accomplished circus aerialists and acrobats. He can also perform any complicated sequence of gymnastic stunts such as flips, rolls, and springs. He can easily match or top any Olympic record at gymnastics apparatus such as flying rings, climbing ropes, horizontal bars, and trampolines. Due to his incredible strength and flexibility, Peter is extremely acrobatic and is able to preform high jumps, somersaults, flips and the likeand flips.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: Spider-Man possesses the ability to achieve a state of perfect equilibrium in any position imaginable. He seems able to adjust his position by instinct, which enables him to balance himself on virtually any object, no matter how small or narrow. He has developed a unique fighting style that has made full use of his agility, strength, and equilibrium.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Spider-Man's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are currently about 15 times greater than those of an ordinary human. In combination with his spider-sense, the speed of his reflexes allows him to dodge almost any attack, even direct gunfire, if he keeps a distance.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Peter's metabolism is greater thus allowing him to heal faster than a normal human. He is also more immune to toxins and alcohol and drugs will lose their effects quicker. It is unknown if his healing is fast enough to effect his aging yet or if it ever will.
- Wall-Crawling: Peter has superstrong hairs on his palms and feet that allow him to stick to any surface. This ability appears to be consciously used and is so far limited to Spider-Man's body (especially concentrated in his hands and feet) and another object, with an upper limit of several tons per finger. The full nature of this ability has yet to be established but it seems that he is capable of using this combined with his strength to uproot objects from their place without having to fully use his hands such as when he pulled open the back window of a van that he suspend with his webs to save a boy still stuck in the van and he did with ease.
- Indomitable Will: Spider-Man has a strong force of will, completely free of evil and temptation. He has struggled to balance his life as a student and his superhero duties.
- Genius Intellect: Academically gifted, Peter displays an uncanny affinity for science, mathematics, mechanics, biology, and physics. Peter is very smart, specifically in chemistry and physics.
- Science Major: He is a brilliant individual, with exceptional skill in practically every field of science, and is an excellent inventor. He is an accomplished chemist and physicist. He possesses enough competency in this field to invent his trademark webshooters.
- Skilled Photographer: Peter is a very skilled photographer.
- Skilled Acrobat: Thanks to his great strength and phenomenal equilibrium, Peter is an excellent athlete, excelling in all gymnastic fields and being able to perform every acrobatic stunt ever performed, including others that can never be performed by even an Olympic acrobat. Due to his superhuman physical abilities, Peter easily surpasses normal acrobats and is able to perform somersaults, flips, spins, cartwheels, etc.
- Skilled Combatant: Thanks to Peter's amazing superhuman physiology, acrobatic powers and spider sense, he is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant using a fighting style derived from his spider-like abilities, he made his own street style that could rival virtually any combatant out of sheer volatility to standard fighting techniques (e.g. webbing, wall crawling, super strength to lift heavy objects, etc.) Using a mixture of his superhuman strength, speed, agility, reflexes, speed, equilibrium, Spider-sense, and web-shooters, Peter is able to utilize an devastating acrobatic fighting style that makes him a formidable opponent and allowed him to easily take down thugs, cops (be it regular officiers or SWAT officiers) and even the more physically powerful Lizard.
- Web-Slinging: Peter uses his web-shooters to travel by swinging on web-lines. Combined with his spider abilities, he can move at amazing speeds throughout the urban chasms of Manhattan. It is unknown how fast but he seems to be able cover much of the city in a considerable amount of time.
- Web-Shooters: Parker's brilliance at physical science allowed him to create web-shooters for use when he became Spider-Man. The twin devices worn on his wrists are able to shoot thin strands of a special "web fluid" at high pressure. Spider-Man's webs can be used to ensnare and immobilize his opponents. Also, Spider-Man moves through locations by shooting a web-line and attaching it to an object (most often a building). He then swings, shoots another web-line, attaches it, and repeats the process. It appears to be able to hold more than one web cartridge in case more is needed.
- Web Fluid: A shear-thinning liquid, virtually solid until a shearing force is applied to it, rendering it fluid, whose exact formula remains unknown, but is rumored to be related to nylon. The web line’s tensile strength is estimated to be 120 pounds per square millimeter of cross section. Looking at his father's research, Peter was able to perfect a fluid that mimicked a spider's webbing, although it was much stronger.
- Spider-Man´s Suit: This suit was made using spandex which provides flexible movement, yet it does not give any protection which is vulnerable to dangers.
- 202. "Alone Against A.I.M." (mentioned)
- 213. "Along Came a Spider"
- 218. "Yellowjacket"
- 223. "New Avengers"
- 226. "Avengers Assemble!"
Background in other media
- This is Spider-Man's 10th animated incarnation. Previous versions include Spider-Man (1967), Spider-Woman, Spider-Man (1981), Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994), Spider-Man Unlimited, Spider-Man: The New Animated Series, The Spectacular Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man.
- This series marks the second time Spider-Man is featured in an animated series where he is not the main character.
- Spider-Man was originally voiced by Josh Keaton, who was his voice actor on The Spectacular Spider-Man. However Drake Bell overdubbed the role after Keaton had already recorded all his lines. It is unknown why this decision was made, but it is possible this was done to help promote the then new series Ultimate Spider-Man, as Bell voiced Spider-Man in that series, and stayed as his official voice actor in various media until 2017.
- In this series, Peter states that he mostly works on the Bugle's website, this is a nod to his Ultimate comics counterpart, where his main occupation was as The Daily Bugle's web designer.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Along Came a Spider...". Christopher Yost (writer) & Roy Burdine (director). The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. July 22, 2012. No. 13, Season two.
- ↑ "Alone Against A.I.M." Kevin Burke & Chris Wyatt (writers) & Boyd Kirkland (director). The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. April 8, 2012. No. 2, Season two.
|Iron Man • Thor • Hulk • Ant-Man • Wasp|
New Members Season 1
|Captain America • Black Panther • Hawkeye|
New Members Season 2
|Captain America (Skrull) • Ms. Marvel • Vision • Red Hulk • Spider-Man|